Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Things

I enjoyed decorating the shops for spring more than ever this year. Maybe it's because we had such a long drawn-out winter. Or it could be because of the fabulous things I ordered this year! I thought I would share some of my very favorites around the shop. (These are all at Frivolities, I am trying to keep most of the seasonal and holiday goods there, because I am NOT doing up two shops for fall and Christmas again, no way!!)

These chicks are the sweetest little things ever! The company comes out with new styles every year, and I swear they keep getting cuter! They are so lifelike. They are modeled after Victorian postcards; I actually have some of the real old postcards that have the same images. I usually get a little twitchy around cute figurines (having grown up in that Cherished Teddies era), but these are quite classy and decorative. You can see the sweet bunnies in the background, too. I love them, but the chicks especially thrill me.

Spelling out Easter--the cuteness!!

A box of chicky goodness. Fighting over forget me nots! Aaah! I could just squeal with the cuteness.

I love this velveteen rabbit. My favorite book growing up was "The Velveteen Rabbit". I'm not sure why, because it is so sad. I think I had a morbid fascination with it. I loved stuffed animals, I never cared for dolls, and here this little boy gets a lovely stuffed animal and it gets contaminated and has to be disposed of! It was like my worst nightmare. Why the heck did I love that book?? But this lovely velveteen rabbit is disease-free!

These look like they are made out of dark chocolate, and sometimes they send me straight to the box of Cadbury Eggs I keep stashed in the back! They are made out of unappetizing resin, but it's the looks that count!

And what is Easter without a lamb hauling a ginormous egg around on a cart?!

More tomorrow! Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: